CE Marking Certification
Take your business globally to EU Nations by adapting CE Marking Certification In Sri Lanka.
What is CE Marking Certification
Since 1985, the Conformitè Europëenne (CE) Mark has been defined as the European Union’s (EU) mandatory conformity marking for goods sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). CE Marking is a manufacturer’s declaration for certain product groups within the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of 28 member states of the EU plus EFTA countries. Conformitè Europëenne as CE Marking is mandatory for these EU Nations. So, the manufacturers to get an entry in the EU Market need to fulfill the EU directives and legislations by placing the CE Mark on their products. “The letters ‘CE’ appear on many products signify that products sold in the EEA have been assessed and passed the high safety, health, and environmental protection requirements. The manufacturer assumes all responsibilities for non-compliance of the product subject to and governed by the EU Directives and Regulations subject to and governed by the EU Directives and Regulations.
Benefits of CE Marking Certification
CE Marking on the product is the official permission for legal sale on the market of the countries of European Nations.
Other Benefits are:
- Ensure unhampered transportation of the product
- Demonstrates the requirements of standard and Directives
- Enhancement of trust towards the Manufacturer
- Promotes the increase in Sales Volume
- Assure of the Safety of Products
- High degree of Consumer Satisfaction
- No endanger Lives or Property
- Increment in Brand Image in the Market
- Takes Business to New Heights
Requirements for CE Marking Certification
CE Marking need not be placed on every product, though a large number of products such as electrical machines, radio equipment, medical devices, gas appliances, lifts, explosives for civil use, etc, mandatorily require CE Marking. But before placing CE marking on the Product manufacturer need to comply with the following requirements:
- Establish and maintain records of the process and procedure of the product
- Establish and maintain records of design of the product
- Records and Documentation of the changes implemented to meet the directives of the standard
- Carry out conformity assessment as per the EU Directives
- Records of the changes implemented to meet the directives of the standard
- Carry out conformity assessment
- Setup technical file for further due diligence
- Sign a declaration by legislation for placing the CE Marking on the product
These steps can be taken by self as CE Marking is a self-declaration or by the notified body, who provides the full process of assessment done on their behalf
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- We Ascent provide relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of CE Marking Certification.
- We Ascent guide on the road map to CE Marking Certification by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses throughout the CE Marking process chain.
- We Ascent have been providing CE Marking for the past 10+years to fulfill the requirements of EU Directives.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES experts are on hand to serve you at any time 24X7, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help you to improve the efficiency of the CE Marking Certification.
- With Ascent achieving CE Marking is just a cup of tea.
Get a quote today to achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the cost of CE Certification?
Costing of CE certification differs from Product to Product, also depending on the risk of the product. If the product is at high risk then the cost of certification will be high.
The cost also depends on the Product Safety accountability.
2. What if the product fails conformity to CE marking?
If a product that needs CE marking doesn’t meet the relevant requirements then it cannot be sold legally and will be penalized, affecting the company’s reputation. Affixing of marking on products that do not require the CE can also lead to penalties
3. How long does it takes to get CE marking?
CE marking certification can be achieved on an average of five to six weeks depending upon how the organization is well prepared with the technical reports and other requirements as per conformity.
4. How long CE marking valid for?
CE marking is valid for 5 years (most of the times) from the date of compliance with regular surveillance audit and recertification
5. How to check CE marked products?
To check the product if they are CE marked then you can see the symbol CE on the backside of your product with the space between them and the dimension as per the Directives.