FSSC Certification: Food Safety System Certification
Achieve assurity of food safety you produce in an organization by gaining FSSC 22000 Certification in Sri Lanka.
What is FSSC 22000 Certification
FSSC 22000 is a leading global scheme certification for food safety with scopes recognized is by GFSI and accepted around the world with FSSC certified acknowledged products. Adopting the FSSC 22000 standard can provide your operations with competitive efficiencies to provide safe and pure products on a worldwide basis to their consumers.
FSSC 22000 integrates food safety management easily with other management systems from several sectors in the food industry. FSSC Certification not only ensures food safety but also a Food Safety Management System is in place and help to determine the accurate and safe manufacturing process. Thus, Food Safety System Certification provides a rigorous system to manage food safety by companies in the food industry.
FSSC 22000 incorporates ISO 22000 hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) principles, and prerequisite programs (PRPs), with additional GFSI requirements for integrated processes that work together to minimize risk. The FSSC 22000 Certification scheme recognized by GFSI allows your customers to have confidence in your food safety program and supports the whole food supply chain, providing real value to an organization.
From April 2021, the FSSC will be introducing FSSC 22000 version 5.1.
Benefits of FSSC 22000 Certification
- A preventative approach towards food safety
- Manage, monitor, validate and improve the manufacturing system in an organization
- Maintain and build new and current customers
- Stay competitive in the market for your competitors
- Quality assurance of the Product
- Fulfillment with local and other Certification regulation compliance
- Opening up of new global markets
- Increase in the brand value
- Improves customer-management relationship
- Reduces recalls and dissatisfaction
Requirements of FSSC 22000 Certification
Before adopting the FSSC logo for products an Organization needs to accomplish certain requirements of the FSSC 22000 Scheme.
- Adopt and establish HAACP Principles
- Determine ISO 22000 technical requirements
- Integrate Management decisions
- Develop plans and policies
- Follow and maintain records
- Identify risk involve in the process and correct them at earlier
- Maintain Documentation for due diligence
- Conduct internal Audit
- Continual Improvement in the Process and System
Other requirements of the FSSC 22000 scheme are needed to demonstrate by an organization
Prerequisite programs in FSSC/TS 22002-1 and the FSSC/TS 22002-4 include the layout of premises, Utilities, Cleaning and sanitizing, Warehousing, Waste disposal, Equipment suitability, Product recall procedures, Develop measures of cross-contamination, etc.
Why obtain FSSC 22000 Certification in Sri Lanka?
The FSSC 22000 System was designed to provide companies food safety assurance in the food industry. Recognition by GFSI provides worldwide recognition and acceptance by food manufacturers and retailers with the trust and gain confidence in your product and organization. FSSC 22000 defines requirements for integrated processes at all levels that work together to control and minimize food safety hazards included in the manufacturing process. Nowadays, FSSC 22000 is a fast-growing certification scheme. This certificate has been issued over 22,500 certificates worldwide.
Strength of Ascent Associates
We Ascent ASSOCIATES provides the best Consultancy services all over the world. We Ascent are available to our customers and clients 24X7 to solve their queries and doubts. We Ascent have been working in this field of consultancy for the past more than 10+years. So we have vast and accurate knowledge for the compliance of FSSC 22000 Certification. We have well-qualified personnel to deal with your gap analyses by providing training to your employees and staff for the application of the standard.
Frequently Asked Question
Who needs to implement FSSC 22000 Food Safety System Certification?
Industries related to the food business can acquire FSSC Certification.
- Food manufacturing Industries
- Animal farming Industries
- Feed and pet food production Industries
- Retail/Wholesale Industries
- Production of bio-chemicals Industries
- Production of food packaging and packaging materials Industries
- Farming of animals
- Animal feed production Industries
- Catering Industries
- Storage & Transport Industries
What is FSSC 22000 Version 5.1?
FSSC 22000 Certification 5.1 issues guidance document for certain requirements to be followed in this COVID-19 Pandemic to managing Coronavirus for development of safe food products.
For how long FSSC 22000 Certification valid?
FSSC Certification is valid for 3 years, followed by annual surveillance and Re-Certification after the expiry of the Certification.
IS ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 Certification the same?
FSSC Certification is wider than ISO 22000. The FSSC 22000 audit automatically covers ISO 22000. If a company wishes to maintain its ISO 22000 certification, a separate ISO 22000 certificate can be issued for a small certificate fee.
What is the cost of the FSSC 22000 Certification in Sri Lanka?
The cost of FSSC Certification usually depends on the nature of the product your organization manufacture and the size of your Organization. FSSC Certification cost includes Certification and Consultancy cost.