Enhance your food quality and food safety management eliminating hazards by achieving HACCP certification.
What is HACCP Certification
Determining potential hazards and detecting critical points is a way of consistently confirming all the procedures of handling food are carried safely.
HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points is an internationally recognized standard for food safety management. HACCP certification is a guarantee that your organization is producing and trading in safe food management practice. It is the globally identified method for identifying the food safety methods and eliminating the risk related to the safety of the food. People avoid risks related to food and health. By achieving the HACCP certification, it is confirmed that the food products have passed all the critical control point requirements and are safe for consumption.
HACCP is the management system in which food safety is labeled through microbiological, chemical, and even physical hazards. Today many wholesalers and retailers achieve HACCP certificates for ensuring their food products’ safety and complying with the guidance of HACCP certification.
A food safety management program does not just stop with HACCP in is a continuous and long process. To be effective, other quality control measures such as traceability & recall, hygiene, and sanitation, pest control need to be accomplished.
SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF HACCP
>HACCP works on the requirements for the improvement and effectiveness of food safety. It is based on seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of food hazards
- Determine critical control points CCPs
- Establish critical control limits CCL, for example, minimum cooling temperate for storage
- Establish a system to monitor the procedure to control of Critical Control Points
- Establish corrective actions wherever required
- Establish a procedure to verify the conformity of the system
- Establish documentation of each step and record-keeping methodology
Benefits of HACCP Certification
Gaining a HACCP certificate demonstrate to your customers, clients, and stakeholders that you have committed to providing safe and quality food products. Other benefits include:
- A tool to enter a new market
- Determining hazards and countering wherever possible
- Building a brand image
- Increased credibility
- Systematically functioning of the management
- Implementation of well-advanced process and technology
- Assurance for consumer safety
- Prevention from diseases and food poisoning
What are the requirements of HACCP Certification?
To conduct a HACCP system of your organization you need to accomplish these requirements:
- Conducting hazard analysis
- Ensuring product safety
- Implementing corrective actions
- Conducting product testing
- Apply and follow control measures
- Conduct an internal audit
- Determine product verification
Why it is important to implement HACCP Certification?
Proper implementation of a HACCP system helps reduces customer complaints. HACCP certification is the real commitment to food safety and food safety management providing hazard-free products to the end-users and consumers. HACCP focuses on prevention rather than inspection and controlling the critical points that can hazard the product microbiological, physical, or chemically generated in the process mistakenly. HACCP is considered as a part of ISO 22000:2018.
Strength of Ascent Associates
- Ascent Associates in Sri Lanka provides complete and accurate knowledge to their clients about the HACCP plans.
- Ascent has general practice to follow the Gap Analysis before giving the quote or starting the actual process.
- Ascent respects their clients’ and customers’ point of view and works with a reliable cost at minimum cost.
- Ascent provides you with correct documentation with in-depth knowledge of the HACCP certification.
- Ascent has HACCP expertise with 10+ years of experience providing solutions to your problems 24X7.
Get your Organization HACCP certified in Sri Lanka to enjoy the benefits globally.
Frequently Asked Question
IS ISO 22000 and HACCP same?
NO. HACCP is a part of ISO 22000. ISO 22000 Certification is the Food Safety Management System for ensuring safety from the starting point of the food chain whereas HAACP is for Hazard analysis and controlling the risk involved in the process.
Who can apply for a HACCP plan?
HACCP applies to all types of organizations related to the process of food whether he is a food manufacturer, retailer, wholesaler, etc.
How long does HACCP certificate valid?
HACCP certification is valid for three years with yearly surveillance and re-certification after the expiry of the certificate.
How long it requires to acquire HACCP certification?
If all the requirements are in place, then implementation of HACCP plans for your organization becomes easier after the full documentation process and assessment of the HAACP system.
What is the cost of HACCP certification?
The cost of HACCP depends on the size you want to consider under the HACCP plan and the geographical location. The cost includes both internal and external audit costs and the consultancy you hire.