HACCP Certification – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
Enhance your food quality and food safety management eliminating hazards by achieving HACCP Certification in Sri Lanka
What is HACCP Certification
HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points is an internationally recognized standard for food safety management. HACCP Certification is a guarantee that your organization is producing and trading in safe food management practices.
Determining potential hazards and detecting critical points is a way of consistently confirming all the procedures of handling food are carried out safely.
It is the globally identified method for identifying food safety methods and eliminating the risk related to the safety of the food. People avoid risks related to food and health. By achieving the HACCP certification, it is confirmed that the food products have passed all the critical control point requirements and are safe for consumption.
HACCP is the management system in which food safety is labeled through microbiological, chemical, and even physical hazards. Today many wholesalers and retailers achieve HACCP certificates for ensuring their food products’ safety and complying with the guidance of HACCP certification.
A food safety management program does not just stop with HACCP; it is a continuous and long process. To be effective, other quality control measures such as traceability & recall, hygiene, and sanitation, pest control need to be accomplished.
SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF HACCP
HACCP works on the requirements for the improvement and effectiveness of food safety. It is based on Seven HACCP principles.
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of food hazards
- Determine critical control points CCPs
- Establish critical control limits CCL, for example, minimum cooling temperate for storage
- Establish a system to monitor the procedure to control of Critical Control Points
- Establish corrective actions wherever required
- Establish a procedure to verify the conformity of the system
- Establish documentation of each step and record-keeping methodology
Benefits of HACCP Certification
With HACCP Food Safety, an organization draws the following benefits:
1. Profitable for Organization: HACCP in food industry creates a positive workflow in the organization. The use of a safe and secure environment, production methods, the latest equipment, and safe ingredients can cause a lot of benefits like drawing the attention of users towards the food industry’s products.
2. Productive Choice for Retail and Catering Units: HACCP Certification holds a level-2 category for restaurants and hotels. So, any role that an institute takes will follow the Food Safety and Hazard Control Framework. The entire method is to promote the training of staff about different operations according to the HACCP framework.
3. Follow the Rules for Food Safety: In every department, HACCP Principles will make an impact and introduce the best Food Safety Management Framework relevant to all types of users.
4. Stay Safe from Food Hazards: Keeping your food away from any type of harmful chemical or biohazard is important. So, the following hazards will be controlled under the surveillance of HACCP Standard:
5. Physical Hazard: Safety Hazards in Foods help a food supplier to stay out of different physical hazards. Tiny or big, hard, or sharp all these objects come under the physical hazard group:
- Metal pieces
- Glass or its pieces
- Chemical Hazard: Some potential chemical hazards such as:
- Improper or irrelevant pesticidal usage.
- Inappropriate use of antimicrobial residues
- Highly concentrated or liquid cooking ingredients.
- Bad quality in oil, sanitizers, or other liquid substances.
- Low-quality food preservatives, etc.
- Biological Hazard: Biohazards such as bacteria, yeasts, viruses, parasites, and molds are the disease-causing agents. These microorganisms should be eliminated strictly as per the HACCP framework.
Once an organization completes the HACCP Certification, it demonstrates to its customers, clients, and stakeholders that it has committed to providing safe and quality food products. Other benefits include:
- A tool to enter a new market
- Determining hazards and countering them wherever possible
- Building a brand image
- Increased credibility
- Systematically functioning of the management
- Implementation of well-advanced processes and technology
- Assurance for consumer safety
- Prevention from diseases and food poisoning
What are the requirements of HACCP Certification?
To conduct a HACCP Certification process for your organization, you need to accomplish these requirements:
- Conducting hazard analysis
- Ensuring product safety
- Implementing corrective actions
- Conducting product testing
- Conducting HACCP training
- Apply and follow control measures
- Conduct an internal audit
- Determine product verification
Why is it important to implement HACCP Certification?
Proper implementation of a HACCP system helps reduce customer complaints. HACCP certification is the real commitment to food safety and food safety management providing hazard-free products to the end-users and consumers. HACCP focuses on prevention rather than inspection and controlling the critical points that can harm the product microbiologically, physically, or chemically generated in the process mistakenly. HACCP is considered a part of ISO 22000:2018.
Strength of Ascent Associates
- Ascent ASSOCIATES in Sri Lanka provides complete and accurate knowledge to their clients about the HACCP plan
- Ascent ASSOCIATES has general practice to follow the Gap Analysis before giving the quote or starting the actual process.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES respects their clients’ and customers’ points of view and works with a reliable cost at minimum cost.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides you with correct documentation with in-depth knowledge of the HACCP certification in Colombo, Kandy, Gale, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Anuradhapura, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, etc.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES has HACCP expertise with 10+ years of experience providing solutions to your problems 24X7.
Apart from all, we also offer the following USPs:
- International reputation
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Higher expertise
- Certification is guaranteed.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches from qualified professionals.
- 24×7 support system activated
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is not a freelancer or managed by temporary individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We stand at the top of the other consultant agencies.
Get your Organization HACCP certified in Sri Lanka to enjoy the benefits globally.
Frequently Asked Question
IS ISO 22000 and HACCP same?
NO. HACCP is a part of ISO 22000. ISO 22000 Certification is the Food Safety Management System for ensuring safety from the starting point of the food chain whereas HAACP is for Hazard analysis and controlling the risk involved in the process.
Who can apply for a HACCP plan?
HACCP applies to all types of organizations related to the process of food whether he is a food manufacturer, retailer, wholesaler, etc.
How long does HACCP Certificate valid?
HACCP certification is valid for three years with yearly surveillance and recertification after the expiry of the Certificate.
How long does it take to acquire HACCP Certification?
If all the requirements are in place, then implementation of HACCP plans for your organization becomes easier after the full documentation process and assessment of the HACCP system.
What is the HACCP Certification cost in Sri Lanka?
The cost of HACCP depends on the size you want to consider under the HACCP plan and the geographical location. The cost includes both internal and external audit costs and the consultancy you hire.