haccp Certification : Consultants in SRI LANKA
HACCP Stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point. It’s an internationally developed recognized system for reducing the risk of safety hazards in food. Throughout the food process, the HACCP System identifies the potential hazards and implements specific controls at various levels. The hazards can be defined as biological, chemical or physical. Organizations involved in the manufacturing, processing or handling of food products can use HACCP to minimize or eliminate food safety hazards in their product.
How to build a HACCP System?
Building a HACCP system in any organization requires the implementation of the Prerequisite Programs and HACCP plans. Prerequisite programs are steps or procedures, including GMPs and SSOPs, responsible for the control of the operational conditions within a food establishment and subsequently promote environmental conditions that are constructive for the production of safe food.
Some of the examples of Prerequisite programs are –
- Safety of water, steam and ice
- Ensuring cleanliness of the surfaces coming in direct contact with the food.
- Avoiding cross-contamination.
- Controlling personal hygiene of staff members.
- Safeguarding against adulteration of food products.
- Monitoring employee health conditions
- Proper utilization and up-keeping of storage facilities.
HACCP Plans – the major focus is from “farm to table”.Prevention of any kind of biological, chemical or physical hazards related to each process or product, and the subsequent measures in place to eliminate or control, thus ensuring acceptable levels in the food product.
- To perform Hazard analysis.
- Determining the CCP’s (Critical control points)
- Establishing Critical limits.
- Establish continual monitoring the Critical control points.
- Establishing necessary and adequate corrective actions.
- Develop and establish verification procedures.
- Develop and establish record keeping and documentation procedures.
- External Verification builds up a confidence that your business maintains stringent food safety/quality standards.
- Business productivity increases as distributors or retailers would prefer to buy from a HACCP certified manufacturer or producer.
- It al so eliminates or reduces the risk of costly food recalls and food borne illness to the customers.
- Provides evidence of due diligence in regard to the maintenance of food safety and quality
- Sound business practice maintained through validation/verification requirements of a SQI-HACCP system
- It helps to improve the processes and implementation due to continual improvement.
- It facilitate better understanding of food safety measures, issues, and risk involved among the staff during the regular training sessions, GMP and ongoing continuous improvement regarding food safety and quality
- Boost the morale of the working staff on the pretext of working in a cleaner and better environment in the organization.
- Enhances customer satisfaction/reduces dissatisfaction and reduces customer concern regarding food safety/quality of your organization’s product.
- Lack of technical expertise in the related field is one of the main reasons for developing a food safety program. Organization should take the help of food safety consultants who are proficient in their related fields to help them out. A proper HACCP team comprising of members from different departments would be an ideal way of approach for developing the HACCP plan.
- Large range of product types also poses a significant challenge during the implementation of HACCP plan. Primary objective of HACCP team should be to group various products as per their characteristics and thereafter implementing the Plan group wise.
- Limited funding & resource also possess a barrier for small and medium food processing units.
HOW ASCENT CAN HELP YOU IN ACHIEVING HACCP:-
- Our highly qualified consultants with vast industry experience will guide you through the entire process of implementation from start to finish.
- Professional approach with time-bound modules which results in ease of implementation providing value addition to the client’s organization.
- Dividing the entire process into various modules starting from HACCP training, Gap analysis, awareness training programs at various stages, implementation, documentation, internal and pre-assessment audits.
- Our in-depth stringent auditing services significantly helps in ensuring no failures during the final audit.
- Our team also provides guidance during the certification audits by helping out to close any Non-conformities raised.
- Our post-certification/ enhancement program also benefits the organization adding value addition to the business.
- We provide round the clock 24×7 customer support services enabling our customers to contact us even in the odd hours.
- Our general practice of complete business analysis prior to submission of our offer ensures no budgetary over expenses once the project starts over.