ISO 14001 Certification – Environment Management System
Lead your organization by meeting legal obligations and rules of standard ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka and ensuring environmental efficiency
What is ISO 14001 Certification
For an organization, ISO 14001 is the international standard that focuses on Environmental Management System. It also introduces the effective management of the environment. It provides the framework for an organization to follow and set the maintenance of EMS rather performance needs.
ISO 14001 came from the family of ISO 14000, published by the International Organisation for standardization (ISO). It helps the organization to reduce waste, improve and examine the environmental conditions by demonstrating your commitment to limit the environmental impact.
In the ISO 14000 series, ISO 14001:2015 is the significant standard that focuses on Environment Management. The standard states about a few general guidelines and system techniques to achieve enough benefits with the compliance, obligation, and implementation of a sustainable process. Besides, to be better for the environment, achieving ISO 14001 Certification can also help in obtaining control over cost and other tangible comforts.
ISO 14001:1996 was the first Environment Management standard. After it was revised in the year 2004 with certain amendments and became ISO 14001:2004.
The updated version of standard for Environment Management is ISO 14001:2015.
There are a few adjustments in Leadership, Planning, Maintaining ecological balance, Continual improvement, Control and interaction methods, Emphasis on internal and external requirements, and Documentation processes.
Benefits of Achieving ISO 14001 Certification
When an organization introduces ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, it silently gains the following benefits for sure:
1. Better Resource Management: When it comes to manage different environment-based resources, this ISO standard brings a lot of productive approaches in an organization. It also allows a great ecological balance and certain improvements within the industry.
2. Control the Pollution Parameter: With better and improvement EMS, an organization stays out of different pollution-causing factors or practices.
3. Boost User Satisfaction: The use of the EMS brings higher expectations and trustworthiness among customers. They will love to use or endorse the products and services from the certified company.
4. International Exposure: Adapting an international standard gives your organization a great height at the international level. With higher productivity and other expertise, this experience can be achievable in Sri Lanka.
5. Raise Brand Value: The application of QMS can bring a lot of advantages
Apart from that, an organization can get the best benefits for sure:
- Improvement in the efficiency of resource
- Reduction in waste by recycling facility
- Driven low cost
- Compliance with the standard and the government laws
- Pollution control
- Improvement in environment
- Competitive advantage
- Gain customer and stakeholder trust
Requirements of ISO 14001 Certification
- Scope of the Standard: The ISO 14001 EMS states the outline to demonstrate the boundaries and type of procedure and operations you applied.
- Terms and Conditions: Environmental policy and objective should be planned to decide the goals of an organization by implementing the environment-friendly policy, to comply with the standard requirements.
- Measurement: Evaluation of environmental aspects and impacts by appropriate use of resources, reduction in waste, using recycled products, treating waste before emission.
- Risk Management: Identify risks and treat them effectively as early as possible.
- Analysis: Implementation of a plan to monitor the process and determine the timeline to achieve the desired objective. Then, the reviewing and analyzing of all documents are necessary as per the guidelines of environmental performance.
- Certification: Fulfillment of required documents and records.
Strength of Ascent Associates
ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka brings a lot of advantages and assurances for an organization. However, there is a lot of hard work to be concluded behind the consultancy services. It is Ascent ASSOCIATES that delivers every precisely. Here is the list of our services:
- Ascent ASSOCIATES deals with the best activities and proven strategies to deliver ISO 14001 Certification as per your desired results. We are reachable in various regions of Sri Lanka such as Colombo, Kandy, Gale, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Anuradhapura, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, etc.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES completes every demand of its clients when it comes to ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka.
- ISO 14001 Certification Cost in Sri Lanka won’t be a trouble as Ascent ASSOCIATES offers the best and most customized plan that suits an organization’s budget.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES helps your organization to proceed in different types of environmental-friendly practices as per the EMS framework.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is the one in Sri Lanka that offers great consultancy services. Also, the experience of more than two decades comes into play in our service patterns.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES hires the best consultants to complete every type of work and erase all non-conformities required for an organization.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES follows the PDCA framework to execute all types of operations relevant to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES offers the following USPs (Unique Selling Points) too:
- International reputation
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Gain technical and advanced-level support.
- Advice from qualified professionals.
- Higher expertise
- Certification is guaranteed.
- 24×7 active customer support
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is not a freelancer or managed by temporary individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We stand at the top of the best-listed consultant agency.
Frequently asked questions
Is ISO 14001 Certification mandatory?
For the record, ISO 14001 is the international standard that focuses on EMS. When an organization allows this standard, it gets different benefits from it. Despite the standard’s non-forcing motive, most industries prefer this certification out of curiosity.
What is the ISO 14001 Certification Cost in Sri Lanka?
The certification cost for ISO 14001 Standard depends on a few things such as;
- Size of the organization,
- Its nature, and
- Geographical location.
Despite all such factors, Ascent ASSOCIATES offers the best deals within the customized package as per a client’s requirements.
What is the validity of ISO 14001 Certification?
After an organization receives its certificate, the mandate is valid for 3 years from its issued date. Within those periods, an organization should conduct annual surveillances.
How long does it takes to obtain ISO 14001 Certification?
Considering all activities like training, documentation, analysis, etc. the duration of certification may take around 2 to 3 weeks.
Who requires ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka?
Most businesses or industries should draw plenty of benefits when they choose ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka. So, this certification is an open choice for every type of organizations.