ISO 14001 Certification : Consultants in SRI LANKA
What is ISO 14001 – A standard framework for Systematic Management of an organization’s processes affecting environmental affairs – The purpose of this International Standard is to provide organizations with a framework to protect the environment and respond to changing environmental conditions in balance with sociol-economic needs.
It specifies requirements that enable an organization to achieve the intended outcomes it sets for its environmental management system. It helps to control the environmental aspects, reduces impact and conforms to the legal compliances.
ISO has adopted a process-based approach which follows the PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of organization.
- Commitment & Policy:– An organization should have a defined policy which should include protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution or other specific requirements relevant to the context of the organization along with continual improvement of the EMS to enhance environmental performance.
- Planning (PLAN):- To fulfil the environment policy the organization should PLAN to create programs that use abiotic or biotic factors more efficiently with minimal damage to the surrounding environment.
- Implementation (DO):- The organization should ensure the support mechanisms and should develop the capabilities to attain its environmental policy, objectives and targets.
- Measurement & Evaluation (CHECK):- The environmental performance of an organization should be measured, monitored and evaluated at regular and fixed intervals.
- Review & Improvement (ACT):- In order to improve the overall environmental performance, the organization should continually review and improve its environmental management system.
- Improved Environmental Management – The overall efficiency of the business is increased keeping minimum use of the resources and at the same time a soft or negligible impact on the environment.
- Legal Compliances – It helps in to understand how the legal and statutory requirements of the land would have its impact upon the business as well as the customers.
- Minimum Operating Cost – Overall increase in the efficiency usage in terms of energy, water etc and reduction in waste disposal thus reaping good profits in business and better services to the customers.
- Increase employee engagement – More confidence and responsibility is being developed among the employees when they have entrusted a job in an environment-friendly organization.
- Environment regulations – It demonstrates the organization’s commitment to the improvement of the environment at the same time confirming to the various regulations of the land.
- Advantage over competitors – It creates a niche among competitors and provides value addition to the organization particularly in the tendering process.
- Most of the organizations apply for ISO 14001 certificates for the sake of obtaining due to some business obligations rather than actually implementing it.
- Not continuing with the EMS activities after obtaining the certificate.
- Instead of modifying the existing activities confirming the EMS, most organizations try to adopt new and separate activities.
- No proper appreciation and support from the internal and external stakeholders during the development process of EMS.
- Active and continuous participation from all departments is not made mandatory.
- Either very easy or high (non-realistic) targets set in the EMS fail to produce the desired result.
- Lack of commitment and endorsement from the top management.
- Instead of proper implementation (activities and actions), the focus remains on documentation and data collections for audits.
How Ascent can help you?
- Ascent solution architect specializes in the implementation and organization of the business processes.
- Our team ensures the activity of the processes and make sure that they comply with the environmental guidelines and regulations.
- Our solution architects will review checking and the corrective actions are taken which includes monitoring, and recording of the activities and characteristics creating a significant impact on the environment.
- The environmental aspects of the organization are evaluated along with the company’s actions towards the environment.
- Ascent tries to achieve for the organization a continual improvement which must be the primary goal. Our Consultant helps to plan, implement, and review for achieving continuous improvement.
- Saving energy and re-direction of waste into the environment plays an important part in ISO 14001. Our team will help you to do self-checks ensuring compliance with the standard.
- Ascent instructs organizations about insufficient resources and proposes a solution to deciphering it.
- Hiring Ascent can help you to have proper budget knowledge prior to the start of the project as our team ensures a complete business analysis and submit a report.
- Ascent tries to provide a professional and stringent auditing service ensuring no failures during the certification audit.
- Our 24×7 customer support services are readily available for any kind of support to the customer, even during the odd hours or holidays.