ISO 14001 Internal Audit
Introducing the facts and tasks of ISO 14001 Internal Audit in Sri Lanka to understand and implement the concept of Environmental Management System.
Overview of ISO 14001 Certification
An organization goes for ISO 14001:2015 so that it can accept the Environmental Management System (EMS). To obtain the certificate, a few steps are required. Among those steps, ISO 14001 Internal Audit is the one.
An organization should go through a well-organized internal audit schedule. It is the compliance requirement against the standard. Any business that requires setting up a perfect and efficient EMS should go for the EMS.
With a successful internal audit, an organization gets the right documented help. The effectiveness of the EMS framework becomes much more useful after the audit. Three things to consider for doing the internal audit of ISO 14001:
- Accurate documentation
- Correct implementation
- Effective maintenance
ISO 14001 Internal Audit helps a business to spot its issues as per the gradual deviations. It also assists to get the right type of practice that boosts the growth.
Steps of ISO 14001 Internal Audit
To conduct the internal audit of ISO 14001 Certification, an organization should decide to follow the mentioned points:
- Who will conduct the audit?
- When will be the time to do the audit?
- What will be audited?
- With whom shall we communicate?
- How to take corrective actions?
It is Ascent ASSOCIATES in Sri Lanka that helps an organization conduct the internal audit of ISO 14001. However certain things are required to be done first. Here are they,
- Setting a Schedule
The scheduling of audits for ISO 14001 Certification in Sri Lanka is usually happening once a year. When it happens, it covers all types of activities related to your business’s management system.
The auditing frequency may vary as per the processes. An organization will go through the following questions while facing the audit:
- Are there any tough steps or protocols that require special attention or auditing sessions?
- Are there any issues with that happening often?
- What is the hands-on approach of your audit?
An audit program will consider the different importance of processes and their status. There are areas that the auditing board will focus on to deliver results. As per the audit criteria, frequency, scope, and methods, all should be defined appropriately.
The selection of auditors and auditing sessions ensure various objectives. Also, the entire sessions avoid impartiality.
An audit session should not come to an output in a quick phase. A thorough investigation is necessary. While handling the auditing, is more like a continuous process of investigation, improvement, and analysis of the EMS.
- Find Your Team
It is Ascent ASSOCIATES that provides an ideal Internal Audit for your organization. There are certain responsibilities to take at the right time. Hiring a team from an unrelated group is the ideal deal. The organization should appoint a third party for a better and more convenient result.
This type of activity will add benefit to the developing team. Also, the appointed certification body will understand every possibility of the organization. If you have a large organization, it will be appropriate for hiring one auditor specific to each department.
Hiring an individual to conduct the ISO 14001 Internal Audit will help you attain the right objectives. That consultant will play the diplomatic, decisive, observant, and open-minded part while completing the audit work.
- Performing the Audit
Internal Audits carry formal records. The auditing session should consist of a constructive environment. Effectiveness brings mutually beneficial activity to an organization.
In internal audits, the auditor takes different information from various sources. They are required to confirm a few things. Here is the list:
- Reviewing the expected procedures
- Detecting different ongoing procedures
- Inspecting records and relevant documents
- Conversations with other members of the staff
- Record Findings
This is the important phase of the ISO 14001 Internal Audit. Here, three parts are focused to record and present the results:
- Non-Conformities: If any existence of individual problems is seen, the audit process will document it as non-conformities.
- Follow-up actions: During the audit, an organization will go through the discussion of the corrective or preventive These should be completed by the agreed date.
- Summary Report: After everything is written in the document, the confirming status of the audit will be revealed. In this circumstance, the report will be analyzed by the management. This status report can be productive for the continual improvement of your business.
- Document Maintenance
An organization that conducts Internal Auditing for ISO 14001 should follow the document maintenance protocol precisely. However, this may be an outdated step, but still effective for many.
This is the responsibility of both the auditor and auditee to understand the tasks and agree on something necessary or relevant during the audit.
Why Ascent ASSOCIATES?
As a responsible third-party consultant service provider, Ascent ASSOCIATES offers tremendous services in Sri Lanka. Here are the few examples of its works:
- Clients will get the best.
- Conducting Gap Analysis.
- Delivering on-time ISO 14001 Internal Audit.
- Reasonable ISO 14001 Internal Audit Cost.
- Professionals to handle your case.
- Skilled consultants will conduct various sensitive operations like Internal Audits.
- A clear and strict internal audit will be conducted.