ISO 17020 Accreditation | Inspection Bodies
Obtaining ISO 17020 Certification in Srilanka will increase customer satisfaction and inspection efficiency
What is ISO 17020 Certification?
A standard for conducting inspections for organizations, clients, or authorities is ISO/IEC 17020:2012 Standard for Conformity Assessment. The standard covers all actions, such as assessing services, methods, and processes to see if they conform, as well as reporting outcomes. To a certain extent, ISO 17020 Accreditation entails conducting a review to ensure the clients of the inspection body are receiving high-quality inspection services.
The inspection body checks for compliance with either specific or broad requirements before doing the inspection. The inspection is conducted by the inspection body to complement the technical paperwork that outlines the range of activities that it is qualified to conduct.
A widely recognized standard for releasing accurate results with legal documentation is ISO 17020 Accredited Organization. Third-party evaluation enhances the inspection procedure. The ISO/IEC 17020 Accreditation was first created in 1998, and a revision was made in 2012. The inspection body must be an independent entity and adhere to the basic standards listed in Annex A, as described below, to provide its services.
Type A: An impartial inspection agency that offers third-party inspection services but refrains from any actions that would compromise its objectivity and integrity.
Type B: Inspection bodies are separate from their parent organizations and provide inspection services to those sections, which are distinct and separate portions of an organization.
Type C: Inspection agencies may conduct inspections of their parent organization as well as other external agencies, although they are not always permitted to exist as independent units within the agency.
Benefits of ISO 17020 Certification
1. Improved inspection quality
2. Improves brand image
3. Make sure the customer is happy.
4. Cost savings in the technical and operational areas.
5. More power over the procedure.
6. Increased market share and trustworthiness.
7. Increase the effectiveness of the outcomes.
8. The Inspection Report’s Legitimacy.
Requirements of ISO 17020 Certification
- For the management system’s requirements process, suggest a management representative.
- For technical requirements, name a technical representative.
- Examining the kind and scope of the inspection.
- Conduct evaluation based on the inspection’s focus.
- The persons conducting the inspection must meet certain qualifications.
- The inspection report should be written and examined.
- Comparison of the report’s degree of expertise with that of other ISO/IEC 17020:2012 authorized inspection organizations.
Why is ISO 17020 Certification Required?
Improvement in business process control through process standardization and compliance with all relevant competency standards is the biggest advantage an organization can derive from ISO 17020 Certification. The organization can retain objectivity and consistency in its inspection efforts with the aid of ISO 17020.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- We Ascent provide relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of ISO 17020 Certification.
- We Ascent guide on the road map to certification by our experienced and qualified team.
- We Ascent have been providing QMS services for the past 10+years.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES experts are on hand to serve you at any time 24X7, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities.
- With Ascent achieving ISO certifications is just a cup of tea.
- Get a quote today to achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between ISO 17025 and ISO 17020?
ISO 17025 Accreditation is a standard for Testing and Calibration of Laboratories services; whereas ISO 17020 is organizations providing Inspection Services and smooth and accurate conduct and result of their activities.
Is ISO 17020 Accreditation mandatory?
ISO 17020 specifies the requirements for bodies performing inspection, in some cases by the Government, for some of the Inspection types, the certification is obligatory with the competence of the conformity of the standard.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 17020 certification?
The time period required to be ISO 17020 Accreditation depends on the nature of an organization and the following:
- Size of the Organization
- Methods being followed by the Organization (Self Developed Procedures/Methods), in providing the services-National/International Standard.
How long ISO 17020 valid?
ISO 17020 Accreditation authorized by IAF MLA is valid for 3 years from the date of accreditation award. After a year, the surveillance audit is conducted. On completion of the 3rd year, a renewal audit for certification and surveillance is conducted.
What is the cost of ISO 17020 Certification in Sri Lanka?
The costing can only be determined when we receive detailed information about your organization including the size and nature of your business, and the Procedure / Methods used for conducting Inspection services.
Who requires an ISO 17020 certification?
Organizations can obtain ISO 17020 Accreditation to enhance the quality of their inspections in the areas of engineering, lifting apparatus/hoists, electrical installations, local exhaust ventilation, cargo, civil construction, health and social services, environmental technology verification, food safety-related inspection, crime-related inspection, and others.