ISO 22000 Certification: Food Safety Management System
By gaining ISO 22000 certification in Sri Lanka, your organization will be on the top list in the Food Chain supply.
What is ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to table. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 allows a company to demonstrate to their customers that they have a food safety management system in place.
This standardized certification ensures the integrity and safety of the total food chain which proves to be very critical related to the health of the customers.
Food safety is the headline of the newspapers or many articles all over the world and can’t be ignored. As hazards of food by microbiological, chemically or tainting can be detected at any stage. This standard manages the food chain at each stage to ensure the quality product reaches the end-user. ISO 22000 standard developed by the International Organization of Standards (ISO) is applicable to all the food handlers during the entire food chain right from the farmers, manufacturers, packagers, transporters to retailers.
ISO 22000 is a wider globally accepted concept as people are more cautious when it comes to health and food safety. ISO 22000:2018 is a method to harmonize the management system in handling the food and ensuring that the quality of the product is not damaged. Achieving the ISO 22000 certificate for an organization states you value your customers’ health. This standard outlines your organization to manage the process of food by controlling any risk or contamination. This standard works with similar principles of HAACP to provide food safety. ISO 22000:2018 follows (HLS) High-Level Structure similar to ISO 9001 and ISO 45001Transition to the latest version of ISO 22000:2018 need to be completed latest by 29th June 2021.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
Implement ting ISO 22000 helps your organization resulting in:
- Improvement in the management system. An internationally-recognized standard that incorporates legal and regulatory requirements relating to food safety management including HACCP systems prioritizing customer health and safety.
- Guarantee for quality and safety of the food products
- Enhancement in brand loyalty
- Reduction in food poisoning
- Reduction in cost and better utilization of resources
- Improved and better consistency in output and traceability of products and services throughout the entire process.
- Hazard analysis ensures identification, assessment and better control down the food chain.
- Improved compliance with hygiene regulation
- Creating confidence among the customer’s, thus able to penetrate new markets and business growth thus increases profit
Who needs to implement ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System?
Organizations involved in the supply of food chain can apply for ISO 22000 certificate. They can be
- Additive producers
- Food processors
- Providers of machinery related to food process
- Hotels, catering service providers
- Food retailers, manufactures, transporters, etc.
What are the requirements of ISO 22000 certification?
ISO 22000 requires the following process to implement Food Safety Management Safety(FSMS).
- The top management creates and develops the overall Food Safety Policy for your organization.
- Once the policy is developed and documented objectives are being rolled out to be followed complying with the policy.
- Planning and designing a management system with proper documentation of the system.
- Performance records of the system are being maintained.
- A food safety team is being established within the organization.
- Internal and external communication procedures are being set out to meet the company policy and objectives.
- Having an emergency plan
- The performance of the FSMS is to be evaluated periodically during the management review meeting.
- The top management should ensure and provide adequate resources in terms of trained and qualified professionals, sufficient infrastructure, and a proper work environment to ensure food safety.
- Following HACCP principles
- Traceability systems should be developed throughout the food chain for the identification of products.
- A necessary corrective action system and control of nonconforming products should be formulated.
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of the product
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices
- Establishing and maintaining an internal audit program
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS
Strength of Ascent Associates
- Still in doubt about ISO 22000 certification? Well, Ascent Associate will help you in gaining ISO 22000 certification in Sri Lanka.
- We Ascent offers you complete knowledge about the compliance of the standard by our professional team with 10+ years of experience in ISO 22000 certification.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES respects their clients and customers need so are available 24X7 for your problems.
- Ascents follow all the ethics with a professional attitude to achieve ISO 22000 certification.
- Our testing service provides you with a reliable proof for the conformity of the standard.
- We Ascent works within the committed cost and no extra penny.
Contact us today and get your organization ISO 22000 certified.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the cost of ISO 22000 certification?
The cost depends on the turnover and size you want to cover under ISO 22000. Costing of this is not more than the health of your customer or can say it is pocket-friendly.
Why you need to acquire ISO 22000 certification?
Becoming ISO 22000 certified ensures customers that your organization has a food management system in place building customers’ confidence in your products. This will, in turn, help you to gain worldwide recognition, mitigate the risks involved, and increases transparency in working with a hike in business volume.
For how long ISO 22000 valid?
ISO 22000 For Food Safety Management System certificate last for three years from the issuing date and require annual surveillance and Re-certification process after expiry.
Is HACCP and ISO 22000 same?
HACCP is a part of ISO 22000. ISO is a wider concept checks the quality from farm to fork and HACCP analysis hazards and CCPs.
Is ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 the same standard?
NO, ISO 22000 Is Food Safety Management System and FSSC Food Safety System Certification is recognized under the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).