ISO 22000 INTERNAL AUDIT
Ensure food safety compliance with ISO 22000 internal audits. Get expert guidance and improve your food safety management system.
Overview of ISO 22000:2018
ISO 22000 Certification focus on the introduction of the Food Safety Management System in an organization. This international standard creates a framework that eliminates different food safety risks and hazards. ISO 22000 and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) system are the integral standards for associates of the food supply chain.
The design of this standard ensures the identification, evaluation, and control throughout the food chain.
The use of the HACCP framework is appropriate for food processing organizations. These protocols are meant to determine, process, and supervise food safety hazards.
Both ISO 22000 and HACCP introduce the utilities of a Food Safety Management System. The entire framework contributes the following ideas:
- Development of a food safety policy,
- Implementation of a HACCP plan
- Establishment of procedures, and controls.
Key Achievements of ISO 22000 Internal Audit
The ISO 22000 Internal Audit keeps the tags on the following stuff:
- Construction and layout of buildings
- The layout of the premises’ workspace
- Utilities such as water, air, and energy.
- Waste disposal check
- Equipment, cleaning, and maintenance
- Prevention of cross-contamination
- Management of purchased materials
- Pest control and another checking
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Personnel hygiene & employee facilities
- Check necessities of rework
- Product recall procedures
- Systematic management of warehouses
Steps to Conduct ISO 22000 Internal Audit
- Prepare for the Internal Audit
Before the internal audit takes place, the audit team should prepare for the audit. This includes collecting relevant documentation, such as the organization’s food safety management system (FSMS) manual, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and policies and procedures. The team should also review the organization’s food safety objectives, risk assessment process, and any corrective actions or nonconformances.
- Establish Internal Audit Scope and Timetable
During the preparation phase, the audit team should also define the scope and timetable for the audit. This includes determining the areas/processes that will be assessed, as well as the timeframe for the audit.
- Conduct the Internal Audit
Once the scope and timetable of the audit have been established, the audit team can begin the actual audit process. The team should evaluate the organization’s food safety management system to ensure that it meets the requirements of the ISO 22000 Internal Audit.
The audit team should also assess the organization’s processes and procedures to ensure that they are being followed and that employees are being trained properly. The team should also assess the organization’s risk assessment process, corrective action process, and any non-conformances.
- Verify Certain Required Schemes and Apparatuses
The authorized person (the auditor assigned by the certification body) will conduct various research to introduce ISO 22000 FSMS within the organization by verifying everything as per the international standard.
- Conduct an Internal HACCP Audit
The purpose of an internal HACCP Internal Audit is to ensure that the food safety processes in place are effective and compliant with the HACCP system. This factor also comes under the ISO 22000 Internal Audit.
An ISO 22000 Internal Audit will also assess the implementation of the HACCP plan against the regulations and guidelines set by governing bodies.
- Training, Reporting, and Other Assessments
ISO 22000 Internal Audit should cover all areas of the standard including the HACCP plan. It also determines the identification and control of food safety hazards, critical control points, critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, record keeping, and verification activities.
The internal audit should also include a review of the HACCP team, including their qualifications and training.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides relevant training to all employees about the implementation and knowledge of ISO 22000 Certification.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES guides you on the road map to ISO 22000 Documentation and steps to implement by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES are in the business of ISO Certifications and Product Marking for the past 10+ years. We have achieved the highest level of security and customer satisfaction.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES experts are on 24X7 to serve you at any time, anywhere in the world.
- Services of Ascent ASSOCIATES can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of your business.
- With Ascent ASSOCIATES, achieving an ISO 22000 Certificate is a simple step for a business, industry, or organization.
Apart from that, we deliver the following Unique Selling Points:
- International reputation for an organization.
- Higher expertise in following each ISO 22000 Compliance.
- Top-class and strict ISO 22000 Internal Audit
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches from qualified professionals.
- Certification is guaranteed.
- Service availability is assured at different locations such as Colombo, Kandy, Gale, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Anuradhapura, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, etc.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is not a freelancer or managed by temporary individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We stand at the top of the best-listed consultant agency.