ISO 27001 Certification
Achieve ISO 27001 for your company for safeguarding the security of critical information and data from any manipulation.
What is ISO 27001 Certification
ISO 27001 comes from the family of ISO 27000 standards for the management of information security within the organization’s context by the International Organization for Standardization(ISO). Whether it’s your valuable information or any data that is crucial and misuse of that can cause huge damage to your organization. This standard helps to keep organizations, employees, staff, clients, and stakeholders’ information and data safe. It is the framework for managing the data related to information security management (ISMS). This includes all the policies and procedures on how data need to be controlled and safeguarded. So, it is the standard to collect, monitor, and maintain the data by gaining ISMS.
ISO is a checklist to be adopted to fulfill. the requirements of the standard rather than a specific tool or method to control the use of data related to any risk or using it for malfunction. The main motive of ISO is to manage the risk, treat the risk, and control the risk by security control implementation.
ISO 27001 follows 114 Annex A controls to reduce risk confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information are in place to safeguard the information of interested parties.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
ISO 27001:2017 have benefited the organization by eliminating the risk involved in financially, documentation security, and technical security and even have other benefits like:
1. Compliance with legal necessities
2. Competitor advantages
3. Cost saving from security incidents
4. Development of new technology
5. Systematic approach to managing risk
6. Maintain confidentiality
7. Time-saving approach
8. Boost corporate image
What are the requirements of ISO 27001?
The requirements from sections 4 through 10 can be summarized as follows:
Context of the organization – understanding the issues of an organization (internal and external)
Leadership – defines and determine top management responsibilities to set policies and procedures
Planning – Identify risk and treat requirements for risk management to achieve the information security and organization’s objectives.
Support – keep the in record the resources, proper documentation in proper order
Operation – defines the implementation of risk assessment
Performance evaluation – Perform an internal audit to analysis, evaluate management review and performance
Improvement – defines requirements for continual improvement and reduce nonconformities
Apart from these, some mandatory requirements need to be fulfilled to accomplish the standard.
- Determine the scope of ISMS (as per clause 4.3)
- Information security policy (clause 5.2)
- Identification and Information of risk assessment process (clause 6.1.2)
- Information risk treatment process by addressing the risk (clause 6.1.3)
- Information security objectives and plans to fulfill them(clause 6.2)
- Evidence/proof of the competence in information security (clause 7.2)
- Other ISMS-related documents (clause 7.5.1b)
- Operational planning and control of risk and documents (clause 8.1)
- The results of the] risk assessments (clause 8.2)
- The decisions regarding risk treatment (clause 8.3)
- Evidence of the monitoring and measurement, analysis, and measurement of information security (clause 9.1)
- The program and the results of audits conducted (clause 9.2)
- Evidence/proof of reviews of top management of the ISMS (clause 9.3)
- Evidence/proof of nonconformities identified and corrective actions arising (clause 10.1)
Why you need ISO 27001 certification?
Implementation of ISO 27001 standard helps an organization in complying with laws and regulations for information security and adopts perfect methodology to avoid any misuse and manipulation of security. This standard verifies all your data are kept safe and not misused. By ISO 27001 certification an organization can comply with all the standards internationally related to information security.
Which Organization needs ISO 27001 certification?
Information is very crucial for every organization and any misuse or misplacement can lead to a huge loss for an organization like the hospitals, financial sector, banking sector, public sectors, IT sectors, and others where data is crucial but can be applied to all public, private, small and large. This standard can be applied to data centers as well because they work on a high amount of databases or information on the behalf of other organizations.
What is a Statement of Applicability?
A Statement of Applicability (SOA) briefs the fundamental part of ISMS ISO 27001. SOA is one of the essential and mandatory documents you need to develop for the achievement of ISO 27001 certification. SoA states what tools and controls are implemented, omitted, and why implemented by an organization to safeguard and manage the information facilities. The statement is found in 6.1.3 of the mandatory requirements for ISO 27001 certification, which is part of 6.1, addressed to risks and opportunities.
Strength of Ascent Associates
- Ascent provides perfect teaching and training to get ISO 27001 standard implementation.
- We propose a 100% risk-free plan-do-act for your organization by following the ethics of the standard.
- Ascent has professionals with 10+ years of experience of ISO 27001 certification in Sri Lanka
- We Ascent guides you through the entire process of ISO 27001 certification giving you a sigh of relief.
- Ascent work ensures no failure in the external audit by providing all the documented processes as well as proper risk management process.
- Ascent bides you with the actual cost. No single penny is extra from your pocket.
Contact us today to get a free quotation with no obligations from our professionals. We will frame up the quote within your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ISO 27001 certification mandatory?
ISO 27001 certification is for the organization dealing in the huge crucial and critical data and information. To safeguard these data and information from any harm or misuse and build confidentiality among their parties organizations prefer taking ISO 27001 standard.
How Long, does it take to acquire ISO 27001 certification?
Usually, it depends on the top management and the employees in an organization especially the size of an organization. Approximately takes three months for the full certification process to get completed for an organization that has less than 10 people. It is just an estimation.
How long ISO 27001 valid?
After completion of the whole process of certification certified body to issue the ISO 27001 certification for 3 years. Every year there will be a surveillance audit and re-certification audit on completion of the third year.
What is the cost of ISO 27001 certification?
Here mostly two costs are involved i.e. certification cost and consultancy cost. It depends on the consultancy you take. For best and accurate cost Ascent provides a total package of consultancy and certification pocket friendly and no extra/hidden penny from your organization. We provide surveillance and re-certification too at your concern depending upon the nature and size of an organization.
Can an independent person be ISO 27001 certified?
Yes. An individual like a Financial auditor or lead auditor can be ISO 27001 certified as they work with confidential information for an organization.