ISO 27001 Certification : Consultants in, SRI LANKA, India, Maldives, UAE, Saudi Arabia.
ISO 27001 (also known as ISO/IEC 27001:2013) is a specification for an information security management system (ISMS). It’s a framework of policies and procedures that includes all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization’s information risk management processes. ISO 27001 was developed to “provide a model for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an information security management system.” IEC stands for the International Electrotechnical Commission.
Together the ISO and the IEC form a joint technical committee, developing and maintaining standards in IT, as well as Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and related technologies. We can define ISMS is a systematic approach towards maintaining important and sensitive information’s and data so that it remains secure. ISMS includes the people, processes, and IT systems by applying Risk management process. Every type of organization, small, medium or large business, particularly in the information security sector, can apply for the above standard.
The Three important principals of ISO 27001, popularly known as the CIA triad is as follows.
- Risk assessment.
- Security policy.
- Organization of information security.
- Asset management.
- Human resources security.
- Physical and environmental security.
- Communications and operations management.
- Access control.
- Information systems acquisition, development and maintenance.
- Information security incident management.
- Business continuity management.
- Reduces information security risks and data protection of your company. It demonstrates both to the regulatory authorities as well as the external parties including the customers that the information’s it holds are secured, the risks have been identified, and probable actions would be taken to address them.
- It creates trust among the customers along with a sense of confidence that their important and vital information’s and data are secured.
- It saves both time and money as implementing ISO 27001 in the organization identifies the risks beforehand and avoids the crisis on the condition of the breach in the security systems.
- Reputation and trust are building up in the organization.
- Lack of proper knowledge regarding the conformities of ISO 27001 results organizations to take wrong decision and defective risk assessment plans.
- Not defining proper scope during the implementation of ISO 27001 results in dissatisfaction in the desired result.
- Inadequate training programs creates a problem for the employees acing a tough time in understanding the actual requirements of the standard.
- Documentation in ISO 27001 is an ambiguous task for many of the organizations.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
- Rather than going for a realistic and practical approach most of the organization commits a blunder in adopting a bureaucratic and cumbersome ISO 27001 system. This often creates fear and demoralizes employees.
- Selection of proper consultant is an important task. Unprofessional and ambiguous offers provided with a very wide range of pricing create confusion and hampers the project implementation process.
- Lack of adequate resources with them or appropriate management solutions create on the main problem during the implementation of ISO 27001.
How Ascent can help you?
- Our consultants guide the management and the employees with proper and correct teachings of the ISMS standard.
- Our risk assessment plan turns out to be 100% beneficial to the organization.
- Defining of proper scope of the business is one of the primary objectives of the standard – this is where the expertise of our consultants comes into play.
- Our team takes care of the awareness training program effectively, the backbone of the ISMS process which brings out the professionalism among the employees.
- We guide you through all the necessary documentation process needed for your organization excluding the redundant ones.
- Our team takes care of the entire 27001 process ensuring all the compliances till the achievement of certification process.
- Our solutions architect steers you throughout the certification process providing information’s about the inadequate resources that will resolve various problems in the failure of ISO 27001.
- Ascent facilitates in-depth and professional auditing services that are significantly more stringent than the audits done by certification bodies. This ensures no failure during external audits.
- We provide round the clock 24x7 customer support so that our customers don’t suffer.
- Our consultants do a complete business profile analysis prior to start of the project covering the Gap analysis. This helps out to bring out the clear picture of the organization with respect to nature of work, methodologies, timeline of completion along with the commercial figures.