ISO 27001 Internal Audit
ISO 27001 internal audits are an important step in maintaining the security of your organization’s information. Learn what they entail and how they can help!
Overview of ISO 27001: 2022
ISO 27001 Certification is developed by International Organization for Standardization to introduce Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) within an industry. It could be any type of industry such as IT companies, financial institutes, educational divisions, power plants, etc.
The earlier version of the standard was in 2013 (ISO 27001:2013). However, it has received the revision by the officials of ISO to make things stronger, improved, and tailored to assess certain security risks precisely. The new revised standard has been released in October 2022 (ISO 27001:2022), Information security, cyber security and privacy protection- Information security management systems- requirements.
ISO 27001 Compliance also comprises necessities for management to monitor and review the ISMS, and to ensure that it is kept up to date with any changes to the organization’s security requirements. This is done through regular reviews and audits of the ISMS, and by providing training and awareness programs to keep staff informed of the organization’s security requirements.
ISO 27001 is an important standard for organizations to implement, as it ensures that information assets are protected and that organizations meet their security requirements. The ISO 27001 Standard is all-prepared to set the best restrictions for introducers for making any type of data breach against any organization.
The design of this comprehensive standard covers different aspects of information security. So, the vitality of conducting ISO 27001 Internal Audit becomes more useful for any organization in Sri Lanka to maintain its functionalities and keep the tags on each activity.
Key Achievements of ISO 27001 Internal Audit
When the ISO 27001 Internal Audit is on, the certification body hired by the organization prepares and conducts many required notions. Each concept derives the idea of ISO 27001. Without the proper plan, something will surely go missing.
Therefore, the following key achievements are assured when the certification body plans everything as per the ISO 27001 Controls:
- Security Policy
- Risk Assessment
- Security Control
- Access Control
- Data Protection
- Asset Management
- Incident Management
- Physical Security
- Logging and Monitoring
- Auditing and Compliance
Steps to Conduct ISO 27001 Internal Audit
Here is the list of major activities that are the parts of ISO 27001 Internal Audit conducted by the organization or any auditor (appointed by the certification body) on behalf of the organization:
- Establish the Audit Scope for ISO 27001 ISMS
The auditor should determine the scope of the internal audit, including the integral areas of the organization to be audited, the processes and systems to be assessed, the timeframe of the audit, and any other relevant criteria.
- Develop Audit Plan for ISO 27001
The auditor should develop a comprehensive audit plan that outlines the audit objectives, scope, criteria, resources, and timing of the audit.
- Perform Audit
The auditor should assess the organization’s compliance with the ISO 27001 Standard and any additional controls that have been established. This may involve conducting interviews, reviewing documents, and testing systems.
- Document Findings
The auditor should document any non-conformances and weaknesses that are identified during the audit.
- Report Results
The auditor should create a report summarizing the audit findings, including recommendations for improvement in the ISMS framework. The report should be provided to the organization’s management.
- Follow Up
The auditor should follow up with the organization to ensure that corrective actions have been taken to address any non-conformances and weaknesses identified during the audit.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides relevant training to employees about the implementation and knowledge of ISO 27001 Certification.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES guides you on the road map to ISO 27001 Documentation and steps to implement by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES are in the business of ISO Certifications and Product Marking for the past 10+ years. We have achieved the highest level of security and customer satisfaction.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES experts are on 24X7 to serve you at any time, anywhere in the world.
- Services of Ascent ASSOCIATES can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of your business.
- With Ascent ASSOCIATES, achieving an ISO 27001 Certificate is a simple step for a business, industry, or organization.
Apart from that, we deliver the following Unique Selling Points:
- International reputation
- Higher expertise in conducting various ISO 27001-related tasks.
- Top-class and strict ISO 27001 Internal Audit
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches from qualified professionals.
- Certification is guaranteed.
- Service availability is assured at different locations such as Colombo, Kandy, Gale, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Anuradhapura, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, etc.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is not a freelancer or managed by temporary individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We stand at the top of the best-listed consultant agency.
GET FREE QUOTE!
ISO Certification in Sri Lanka
ISO Certification in Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
ISO Consultants in Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte