ISO 45001 Certification – Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Assure your employees’ safety and stand out from the competition by achieving ISO 45001 Certification in Sri Lanka.
What is ISO 45001 Certification
ISO 45001 Certification is based on the health and safety management system of your organization. Well, this by the reduction in work-related risks and accidents
The internationally accepted standard ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S) was developed in the year 2018 by the International Organization for Standardization to replace the OHSAS 18001 Standard.
The standard sets the requirements for the safety of the employees and manpower to prevent any work-related accidents, diseases, illnesses, or unforeseen injuries.
ISO 45001 was published to improve working conditions and to reduce the factors causing any harm or injury to occupational health while protecting longevity by implementing safety techniques.
When it comes to the objective of the ISO 45001 Standard is to save millions of lives from work-related illness or death. ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 are not so different. Both introduce safety in an organization but in a different fashion.
So, ISO 45001:2018 is appropriate for any type of organization to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S Management System and to eradicate hazards and minimize OH&S risks including system deficiencies and creating a healthy workplace.
Benefits of ISO 45001 Certification
ISO 45001 Certification is the one that an organization should go for it. It offers great advantages to the organization. Also, the HSE Certification has the same purpose.
Here is the list explaining all the major advantages:
- Increase Safety Awareness: Safety is a major factor for all employees and management while handling different operations. Following the guidelines of ISO 45001 helps all workforce to understand. Also, the appropriate training makes the best changes and makes things simple for all.
- Gain Higher Reputation: An organization gets the best recognition from other sources because of its better and more efficient Occupational Health & Safety Management. It is the factor
- Diminish Absenteeism: Introducing the best and most productive OH&S framework also diminishes the chances of absences from employees. With this, they get the best support from the management right from the beginning. So, there will be fewer disturbances in the force of production.
- Reduce Insurance Premiums: A company in Sri Lanka doesn’t require to file insurance several times. Creating a safe and secure working environment will help organizations in Sri Lanka to file less for insurance claims.
- Better Control: The way OH&S works in an organization, offers better control and makes every activity precise as required for the management.
Apart from that, an organization can gain the following benefits straightaway from ISO 45001 Certification in Sri Lanka:
- Improving Employees morale
- Raise employee awareness
- Achievement of strategic targets
- Improves in productive capacity
- Less absenteeism and injury prevention
- Improvement in risk assessment
- Win new markets
- Continual improvement processes
Requirements of ISO 45001 Certification
1. Context of the Organization: This phase represents the internal and external factors of an organization and follows each ISO 45001 Compliance.
2. Leadership: To follow the OH&S framework and achieve success, leadership and commitment is essential. The entire standard and its relevant activities require strong and valid leadership.
3. Planning: As per the requirement of ISO 45001:2018 standard, an organization must do the right planning. The entire session includes identifying, and managing different OH&S risks.
4. Support: In terms of resources, the competence of the workers including knowledge and skills needed to identify the hazards and to take appropriate actions, awareness of the OH&S risks, communication, and documented information is vital for the effective implementation of the standard.
5. Operation: Following all types of requirements, an organization focuses to gain the right plan and act accordingly to rectify different risks, opportunities, and emergencies. In this section, regular and formal risk assessments play a vital role.
6. Performance Evaluation: It is the phase where the organization does a thorough evaluation of the OH&S Management System by creating different measurable criteria.
7. Improvement: In case of any improvement is required as per the performance evaluation, this is the phase to act by taking corrective measures.
Difference between ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001
ISO 45001 Certification follows HLS high-level structure similar to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. ISO 45001 is a totally new and wide standard with all the clauses and requirements of OHSAS 18001 and OHS guidelines. Organizations already certified to OHSAS 18001, need to transit to ISO 45001 by the end of March 2021. The main change is that ISO 45001 takes a more proactive attitude to identify and evaluate risks, whereas OHSAS 18001 is only focused on controlling OH&S hazards and other internal issues.
Strength of Ascent Associates
- Ascent ASSOCIATES spend less time building complex documents needed for the achievement of the standard ISO 45001 in Sri Lanka.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES has a dedicated team to provide you with a competitive quotation to fill the line of your requirements.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides you with accurate and proper knowledge for all the employees of your organization to work with the guideline of ISO 45001.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides you with on-site inspection with compliance with ISO certification.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is globally recognized and synonymous with 20+ years of experience providing quality and safety.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES gives you help to transit from OHSAS to ISO 45001 in Sri Lanka without any hustle-bustle and with minimum time and cost.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is available 24X7 for their clients and customers and provides information about the standards.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES also delivers the following Unique Selling Points:
- International reputation
- Higher expertise
- Customized ISO 45001 Audit package
- Deliver appropriate ISO 45001 Training to employees
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches from qualified professionals.
- Certification is guaranteed.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- 24×7 support system activated
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is not a freelance hub or operated by night-time individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We finish at the top of the best-listed consultant agency.
- Get in touch today to improve your organization’s occupational health and safety management.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to transit from OHSAS to ISO 45001 Certification?
To transit from OHSAS to ISO 45001 follow quick and easy steps developed by Ascent Associates, or contact us
What is the cost for ISO 45001 Certification in Sri Lanka?
The cost of ISO 45001 will be on a fixed basis. No hidden cost. The cost depends on
- Size of an organization.
- Sector and location you operate in.
- Internal and external audit charges with Certification.
Is ISO 45001 mandatory Certification?
ISO 45001 is a voluntary certificate. Achieving the ISO 45001 certificate helps in the safety of the workforce and helps in standing out from your competitors.
What is the timeframe for obtaining ISO 45001 Certification?
The certification process can be completed in approximately 45 days, depending upon the complexity and shape of an organization.
What is the validity period of ISO 45001 Certification?
ISO 45001 certification is valid for three years by annual surveillance audit and recertification.