ISO 45001 Certification : Consultants in, SRI LANKA, India, Maldives, UAE, Saudi Arabia.
ISO 45001 is the new ISO standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). While ISO 45001 draws on OHSAS 18001 – the former benchmark for OH&S – it is a new and distinct standard, not a revision or update, and is due to be phased in gradually over the next three years. Organizations will, therefore, need to revise their current thinking and work practices in order to maintain organizational compliance.
The above standard will help organizations across the world to develop employee safety, reduces the risks involved in the workplace creating a better and safer working environment. It takes into consideration the previous international standard OHSAS 18001, the international labour organization’s ILO-OSH, various national standards and ILO’s international standards and convention.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN OHSAS 18001 AND ISO 45001:-
- While OHSAS 18001 was procedure based, ISO 45001 is process-based.
- ISO 45001 follows the HLS (High-Level Structure) while it was not the case with OHSAS 18001.
- ISO 45001 deals with both RISK & OPPORTUNITIES while OHSAS refer to only the RISKS involved.
- ISO 45001 takes into consideration the view of interested parties while OHSAS 18001 do not.
The Primary focus of ISO 45001 is to identify, eliminate along with continual improvement of potential hazards and risks in the work environment of the organization. The methodology to manage risk is as follows
- Plan actions – to reduce the risks or eliminate them, we need to plan the actions (What needs to be done, who will do it and when?)
- Prepare for emergencies –If the risks involved can’t be eliminated then what are the plans in place for handling such situations. Need to create emergency plans, necessary training to the employees to handle such situations and the reporting hierarchy.
- Integrating the actions into the processes – The necessary controls are to be determined and integrated into the processes.
- Customer Focus
- Engagement & competence of people
- Process approach
- Continual Improvement
- Evidence approach
- Relationship management.
- Confirming to the latest OH&S standards create a niche among the competitors in the industry.
- By facilitating continuous improvement of your employees would gain trust both internally and would create a huge impact upon the future employees and prospective clients.
- Following the OH&S standards means practising the best policies towards the employees. This activity is subsequently mirrored as good policies boosting morale and creating efficiencies.
- Practising the latest OH&S standard also result in lower insurance premiums thus adding to the organizations profit.
- By adhering to the principle of individual safety of any process or use of machinery within an organization leads to the better mental health of the employees and better physical safety of workplace within the organization.
- By implementing hazard assessment helps to prevent the risks involved rather than reacting to it after their detection.
- It has a significant impact on staff turnover and retention rate as the standard primarily focus on the physical and mental well being of the employees thus providing business growth.
- One crucial requirement during the implementation of OH&SMS is adhering to the legal requirements governing health & safety that are applicable to the land.
- Organizational culture generally underestimates the importance of health and safety issues of the employees and any risks and dangers present are not recognized, practically where there has no previous implementation of OH&SMS.
- Unless and until a team is being developed sharing formal roles and responsibilities, it is very difficult to establish the OH&SMS in the organization effectively.
- Though the Top management doesn’t directly take part in the day to day operations of OH&SMS, their involvement is critical to the success of the implementation.
- Structure of the organization also plays an important part in the implementation of OH&SMS.
How Ascent can help you?
- All aspects of the training and certification process of ISO 45001:2018 OH&SMS is been taken care of by our consultants which makes it easy while implementation.
- Taking care of the legislation part seems to be a burden for any organization. This responsibility is taken care of by Ascent.
- Our training programs impart sufficient knowledge to the employees thereby creating a motivational force for the growth of the business.
- Our team perform necessary auditing and corresponding management review meetings conforming to ISO 45001. The stringent nature of the above exercise ensures no failure during the final audit.
- Our budgetary knowledge always helps the client of asserting the actual expense without paying any extra after the start of the project.
- Our solutions architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake gap analysis which enables unnecessary repeats at the same time ensuring no non-useful documentation work.
- Ascent utilizes methods of making use of available resources within the organization that helps reduce expenses.
- Our 24x7 customer service supports our customers even during odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.