Guide to Implementing ISO 45001 OHSMS
Are you looking for an easy way to implement ISO 45001 OHSMS? Here’s your resource – find out how you can achieve ISO 45001 Certification in Sri Lanka.
Introducing ISO 45001 OHSMS
ISO 45001 is an international standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that sets out the requirements for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS). The standard is intended to help organizations to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks, and create better, safer working conditions.
ISO 45001 Standard is based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle and is designed to be compatible with other ISO standards, such as ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) and ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems).
The standard requires organizations to identify and evaluate OH&S risks, develop, and implement a management system to mitigate those risks, and continually review and improve their OH&S performance
Organizations that are certified to ISO 45001 can demonstrate their commitment to a safe and healthy workforce, as well as their ability to adhere to the standard’s requirements. It is also a prerequisite for many organizations to be able to bid for new contracts.
Key Pointers of ISO 45001 OHSMS
- A reduction in workplace accidents and injuries
- Increased productivity
- Reduced costs associated with workplace incidents
- Improved staff morale and engagement
- Reduced legal liabilities
- Improve brand reputation
- Raise compliance
- Gain better access to new and possible markets
Steps to Implement ISO 45001 OHSMS
Here is the list of works that a third-party consultant agency will do for you to bring the ISO 45001 Certificate:
- Get the Support of Management
This is the most crucial part as the organization should talk to its members of the management or arrange a joint meeting to pitch the idea.
- Know Your Legal Requirements
It is important to understand whether the organization deserves the use of health and safety laws from ISO 45001 OHSMS.
- Define the Scope of Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Is it significant to allow the beneficial activities of OHSMS within the organization? Does the company operate at one or multiple locations? All these key points should be defined and planned earlier to fulfill the policy, plans, and objectives of the OH&S management system.
- Define Process and Procedures
The following factors are required to be verified first before going for the ISO 45001 OHSMS:
- Steps to identify all of your hazards
- risks associated with activities
- ensure the proper controls
- risk assessment methods
- requirement of any operational control and emergency preparedness procedure
- types of proper training and awareness your organization requires
- Implement the OHSMS Processes and Procedures
The phase of implementing the OHSMS process and procedures leads an organization to find out the hierarchy of certain steps and methods. Every piece of work should be beneficial in terms of ISO 45001 OHSMS.
- Train Your Employees By Following The Iso 45001 Compliance
Every staff of your organization will receive appropriate training as per the ISO 45001 OHSMS Standard.
- Pick Your Certification Body
The selection of an authentic certification body will ease your process in the implementation of various guidelines in an organization that exists in the ISO 45001 Certification.
- Do The ISO 45001 Audits & Management Review
The best part is to conduct operations like Gap Analysis, Internal Audits, and External Audits. Based on the auditing reports, the top-tier management people will go through the management review.
Cost of ISO 45001 EMS
The cost of ISO 45001 certification will depend on the following factors:
- The size and complexity of your organization
- Geographical locations
- The number of staff members
- The number of processes
- The type of certification body an organization chooses to work with.
Generally, the certification time varies as per the above factors too.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of ISO 45001 Certification.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES guides you on the road map to ISO 45001 Documentation and steps to implement by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES are in the business of ISO Certifications and Product Marking for the past 10+ years. We have achieved the highest level of security and customer satisfaction.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES experts are on 24X7 to serve you at any time, anywhere in the world.
- Services of Ascent ASSOCIATES can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of your business.
- With Ascent ASSOCIATES, achieving an ISO 45001 OHSMS Certificate is a simple step for a business, industry, or organization.
- Apart from that, we deliver the following Unique Selling Points:
- International reputation
- Higher expertise
- Top-class and strict ISO 45001 Internal Audit
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches from qualified professionals.
- Certification is guaranteed.
- Service availability is assured at different locations such as Colombo, Kandy, Gale, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Anuradhapura, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, etc.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility
- Ascent ASSOCIATES is not a freelancer or managed by temporary individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We stand at the top of the best-listed consultant agency.