ISO 9001 Certification: Quality Management System
Maintain the quality of your products and services considerably by obtaining ISO 9001 Certification In Sri Lanka.
What is ISO 9001 Certification?
ISO 9001 is the globally accepted standard for the Quality Management System. Organizations use the standard to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements and to demonstrate continuous improvement. The QMS is the aggregate of all the processes that support the goal of customer satisfaction and organizational efficiency.
ISO 9001 was first published in 1987, the latest version of ISO 9001:2015 replaces ISO 9001:2008 with certain amendments done in the standard to help the more than 1 million companies. QMS dictates an organization to define what is the objectives and adherence to the standard ought to be. It outlines the guiding principles that can be used to create efficiencies by aligning and streamlining processes throughout the organization.
ISO 9001 is considered as the tangible business benefit to consistently deliver products and services that meet customer – as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
Benefits of ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001 Certification sets down the principles for improvement and provides a systematic approach for quality enhancements. This help in gaining the following benefits:
- An effort to bring Down Costs
- Create New Opportunities
- Help Organizations expand into New Markets
- Meet Regulatory Requirements
- Improved Productivity and Effectiveness in working
- Customer Satisfaction
- Competitive Edge
- Increased Credibility
Requirements for ISO 9001 Certification
ISO is a standard that follows the High-Level Structure (HLS) to comply with the requirements of the standard. ISO 9001 Standard Certification works to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain, and continually improve a documented management system used to manage quality to satisfy the end-user needs by describing :
1. Context of the organization:
The ISO 9001:2015 Standard is where you set out the purpose and strategy of the business to achieve desire goals.
The ISO 9001 standard recognizes that an effective commitment of senior management for performing the QMS for an organization.
- To take responsibility of creating QMS
- Establish principles and guidelines
Adopting risk-based thinking to identify potential risks and eradicate them as earlier and helps you in achieving new opportunities.
To provides adequate resources to operate an effective Quality Management System. A management system should properly provide manpower, efficient working conditions, and adequate resources.
For maintaining the ISO 9001 Certification, proper monitoring, inspection or testing of the product or services must be developed to provide the proper framework of the process.
6. Performance evaluation:
Standard requires your organization to measure and analyze the process to conforms to the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard while recording the results achieved.
Standard stresses the importance of continual improvement within a business for the betterment of business and customer satisfaction.
Other Requirements are:
- The organization should be a legal entity
- Identification of Internal & external issues.
- Identify the needs & expectations of the interested parties.
- Plan for the Processes and their Interactions
- Conduct Risk Assessment
- Develop QMS documentation as per relevant & requirement of the organization
- Quality Manual
- Quality Procedures
- Work Instructions
- Formats and Records
- Implement the system practically
- Conduct Internal Audits
- Conduct Management Reviews
- Conduct Certification Audit
- Conduct periodic surveillance
Why ISO 9001 helps your organization?
ISO 9001 helps your organization to come up with new technologies to develop customer-satisfied products by maintaining a systematic process to avoid risks and continual improvement in the product and services.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- We Ascent provide relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- We Ascent guide on the road map to certification by our experienced and qualified team.
- We Ascent have been providing QMS services for the past 10+years.
- Ascent ASSOCIATES experts are on hand to serve you at any time 24X7, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities.
- With Ascent achieving ISO certifications is just a cup of tea.
Get a quote today to achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is ISO 9001 Certification is must to have?
ISO 9001 Certification is not obligatory but when the certification body audits the organization against the guidelines of the standard it is a green sign for the buyers, suppliers, customers, and stakeholders that your organization has implemented the guidelines properly.
2. What is the cost of achieving ISO 9001 certification?
The cost depends on the nature of your business, size, sectors you operate in, the area you need to cover, and Internal and External Audit plus Certification.
3. How ISO 9001 Certification work?
For this, you need to first develop the documentation as per ISO 9001:2015 requirements and implement the standard successfully. Then, an initial certification audit for getting the certificate. After that, you need to yearly complete surveillance and re-certification audits to maintain the certificate every year. The certification body is a third-party accredited party that does the audit.
4. How much time it takes for achieving ISO 9001 certification?
The time for achievement of ISO 9001 certificate depends upon the size of the organizations and the commitment of the top management for demonstrating the quality aspect of the available products & services offered. However generally for a small/medium organization, it will take approx 2-3 months to fully conform to the requirement of the standard and to apply for the certification.
5. What is the validity of the ISO 9001:2015 certificate?
Mostly, ISO Certification is valid for three years, in case of how long validity lasts subject to passing the surveillance audits.
6. What are the Principles of ISO 9001 Certification?
- Thorough Documentation
- Involvement and Engagement of workforce including the top management.
- Enhance Customer satisfaction
- Consistency in Process
- Evidence during irregularities
- Balance in leadership and management skills
- Improvement of system
- Assurance of conformity
- Applicable of Statutory requirements