ohsas 18001 Certification : Consultants in SRI LANKA
BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational health and safety management system is an internationally acclaimed standard which focuses on prevention and improvisation of health and safety of employees and others associated with the organization. OHSAS was created by British Standard for occupational health and safety management system. The standard is closely outlined with ISO 14001. Many subs – clauses of OHSAS 18001 such as documentation, corrective and preventive measures is similar to that of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
OHSAS 18001 can be applied to any organization and industry as its primary motto is prevention from accidents, ill – health and death in the organization.
ISO have adopted process approach which follows PDCA act (Plan – Do – Check – Act) cycle which brings in a drive for continued perfection in the process of organisation. ISO 14001 can be adopted by any organization irrespective of its shape, size, age, and geographical location.
- Encouragement to determine risk associated factors and activities.
- Reduction in absenteeism and employee turnover.
- Increase in awareness regarding risks in the organization.
- Active participation and trust from employees.
- Reduced cost of accidents and insurance.
- Established organizational control and risk management.
- Recognized as qualified for International standard adds credibility to the organization.
- Enhanced quality in the inspection
- Achievement of customer satisfaction
- Reduced cost of the inspection
- Gain customer trust
- Foresee risks and opportunities. Prepare yourself systematically, in advance for it.
- Continuous improvement
- Increased efficiency of Inspection bodies
- Certification adds credibility of international stature, against other organizations that do not demonstrate such third-party endorsements.
- Helps establish appropriate systems to control manpower systematically and monitor their performances.
- Mandates continuous monitoring & measurement of the processes that prevent unintended derailments.
- Organizations pay more emphasis on safety and ignore health-related issues.
- Meeting legislations bear out as a complicated task for most of the organization as either they don’t have complete knowledge regarding OHSAS 18001 or they fail to understand most of them.
- Employees, if not properly trained, do not give importance to OHSAS 18001 because “Ill health and accidents are what mostly occurs to others.” The one who hasn’t faced it doesn’t value it.
- Often auditing and review of the risks management are incorrect as organizations lack familiarity with prominent risk factors.
- Most of the organizations are unable to determining core factor of risks in their workplace and consider the ones which are futile to them.
- Auditing, Training and improving quality can cost you more than you can input, which makes most of the organization to step out of the process.
- Selection of consultancy is a time-consuming mission as most of the consultants offer incorrect and unprofessional schemes to draw a huge amount of money from you.
- A possibility that the Consultant guides through, and emphasizes on massive documentation which the organization cannot handle, and somehow isn’t the mandatory requirement of the international standard too.
- Selection of a certification body that does not bear or maintain enough credibility, resulting in a loss of accreditation.
How Ascent can help you?
- Ascent covers all aspects of OHSAS in the training and certification process with its years of experience and expertise in the field which help you achieve OHSAS 18001 conformity.
- What is a burden of legislation for organizations is a daily task for
Ascent.Relieving your burden is our responsibility.
- We educate, train and motivate employees to gain their active participation and value for OHSAS 18001
- Ascent provides necessary auditing and review of management compiling with OHSAS 18001 till the achievement of certification which is more rigorous than any other certification body, guaranteeing you no failure during external auditing.
- Hiring Ascent can guide you with proper budget knowledge without you paying additional expenses.
- Ascent based Solutions Architects perform a detailed business profile analysis and undertake a gap analysis before the project outline is designed. No repeats, no non-useful documents are ensured
- Ascent utilizes methods of making use of available resources within the organization that helps reduce expenses.
- Ascent works 24X7, to
caterthe needs of its customers all over the world. This gives you ample opportunity to demand our services even in the odd hours and holidays.
- Ascent has a general practice of complete analysis before an offer is given. It is extremely improbable that the total expenditure goes beyond the budgeted figures unless there are special requirements from the client’s end. “Not a single penny extra”, is a general motto that each Ascent employee abides by.