Be organic and eat organic and produce organic food for safety from generation to generation by obtaining Organic Certification in Sri Lanka.
What is Organic Certification?
Organic Certification is a certification process for producers or farmers to produce organic food and other organic agricultural products. The organic standard focuses on all aspects of organic food from manufacturing and production to storage and sales. Organic Certification allows a farmer or producer to sell, label, and represent their products as “organic” in the market. The organic brand provides consumers with more choices of quality products without the use of any pesticides or herbicides in their products. The term Organic protects any business directly involved in food production to consumer options by protecting the organic seal.
In this polluted world, more people are likely to adopt Organically produced food to gain maximum benefit from what they consume. This regulation is principle-based and designed to prohibit the use of pesticides, fertilizers, food additives to create healthy nourishing food. To avoid processing aids in the farming process, the EU organic regulations (EC 834/2007 and EC 889/2008) aim to provide consumers with authentic organic food.
Benefits of Organic Certification
- Building consumer confidence in the meaning of the organic label i.e. they are consuming quality products
- Avoidance of synthetic chemical inputs in the process
- Adopting chemical-free farming or agriculture method
- Receive premium product quality
- Access to fast-growing markets
- Support environment ecologically
- Competitor advantage
- Natural control of diseases
- Benefit to other primary sectors
Requirements for Organic Certification
To produce or farm Organic the producer need to keep care of the following requirements.
- Description of Crop Production Plan/Cycle
- Ensure soil fertility or make necessary conversion to build fertility
- Maintain pH level of the soil suitable for cultivation
- Fulfill National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) norms
- Choice of Crops to be cultivated
- Use of organic Seeds, Natural Fertilisers, or Manure(Cow dung)
- Maintain sufficient diversity to biodegradable materials
- Proper Pest and Disease management system
- Proper soil and water conservation
Why should you get Organic Certification in Sri Lanka?
If you want to market your product as “Organic” you need to fulfill legal requirements by achieving Organic Certification. Organic certification is one of the most rigorous of all systems for food production, as it is good practice and they are also recognized worldwide. Consumers can be confident of the integrity of the food they eat. Ex. 100% made of Wheat; “Certified Organic” serves as a product assurance for use in certified operations.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provides relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of Organic Certification.
- We Ascent guide on the road map to Organic Certification by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses throughout the organic supply chain.
- We Ascent have been providing Organic Certificate for the past 10+years to achieve the highest available organic standards.
- Ascent experts are on hand to serve you at any time 24X7, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help you to improve the efficiency of the Organic business.
- With Ascent achieving Organic Certifications is just a cup of tea.
Get a quote today to achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why to grow Organic?
Organic consumption is the most increasing demand of the public and future in this polluted world. To make the public availability of natural products, free from chemicals and focus on their health concern. So, to cater to the demand and enjoy the benefits of the market growing Organic is a must.
For whom is Organic Certification for?
If you’re processing, cultivating, packing or repacking, storing, wholesaling/trading, labeling, importing, or marketing organic food or drink products. The term Organic is for you. Operations such as warehousing, storage, and distribution will also be included and need to be licensed if handling Organic products.
What does the term "Organic" Cover?
Organic standards look at all aspects of organic food from manufacturing and production to sales. The Soil Association Certification organic standards cover the EU’s organic regulations (EC 834/2007 & EC 889/2008) and include some additional standards subsidiary to Organic cultivation.
What is the cost of Organic Certification in Sri Lanka?
The organic certification fees vary wildly depending agent you choose. The cost of a single farm becoming certified with other organic operations. This also includes Certification and audit charges.
What is the validity of Organic Certification?
Your Organic Certification will remain valid indefinitely lifetime, if there are no problems in the process and follows all the regulations. The only way your Certification will end is if you voluntarily surrender the certificate or if your certification is suspended. But like others, Organic Certification requires yearly Surveillance.