RoHS Certification: Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Free or limit the use of hazardous substances in your products by gaining ROHS Certification in Sri Lanka
What is RoHS Certification?
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances ROHS Certification holds electrical and electronic equipment companies directly responsible for the use of the hazardous substance in the Electrical and Electronic Equipments (EEE). This means all products must conform to strict standards to bans the usage of hazardous substances beyond the agreed levels. The RoHS Directive 2015/863 added four new restricted substances to the list of hazard substances:
- Lead (Pb) (0.1 %)
- Mercury (Hg) (0.1 %)
- Cadmium (Cd) (0.01 %)
- Hexavalent chromium (Cr6+) (0.1 %)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) (0.1 %)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) (0.1 %)
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) (0.1 %)
- Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP) (0.1 %)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) (0.1 %)
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) (0.1 %)
The restriction of DEHP, BBP, DBP, and DIBP will apply from 22 July 2021 to medical devices, including in vitro medical devices including industrial monitoring, and control instruments.
ROHS shall create an environment through quality assurance and total quality management to all aspects of our business process and shall strive for continuous improvement. Therefore, manufacturers, owners, retailers, and importers need to ensure that their products comply with ROHS Directive and can be distributed and sold in the EU.
The RoHS is closely linked with the new WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU entered into force on 13 August 2012 and became effective on 14 February 2014 to reduce the waste collection, by recycling and recovery targets for electrical goods and is part of a legislative initiative to solve the problem of huge amounts of toxic. Both RoHS and WEEE are interlinked as a part of the legislative. The standard applies to all the manufacturers who need to also pass the requirements of WEEE along with RoHS to get entry into the market.
The products or equipment mandatory for RoHS Directives are Automatic dispensers Computing & communications equipment, medical devices, and equipment Large household appliances, Lighting equipment, Consumer electronics, Power tools, etc.
Benefits of RoHS Certification
- Provide Consumer safety by avoiding or restricting the use of Hazardous Substances in EEE
- Attain consumer satisfaction
- Prevention and elimination of hazardous substance in EEE and usage up to the prescribed limit
- Reduction and prevention of e-waste
- Cost reduction due to reduction in recalls or damages
- Grow your scope Internationally
- Enhancement of product quality with continual improvement
- Gain competitive advantage
- Win new businesses and increase market share
Requirements of RoHS Certification
- Conduct product testing to verify the limit of usage of Hazardous substances in EEE
- Regulate and monitor conformity compliance of the standard for application
- Carry out inspections by the third party or Notified Body to state the product is safe for usage
- Verify product safety to ensure public health wellbeing
- Take enforcement actions (in case of usage of hazard elements beyond limits)
- Conduct Internal Auditing
- On-site testing for continual improvement and performance evaluation
Why you need RoHS Certification?
With the continual, rapid growth of technology and science, people are aware of the adverse impact of hazardous substances on the environment as well as on health. ROHS Certification also helps in reducing obsolete e-waste resulting in landfills. To avoid this, the RoHS directive has been adopted to limit the use of hazardous substances in the EEE to reduce the number of heavy metal poisoning incidents causing severe losses.
Strength of Ascent ASSOCIATES
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provide relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of ROHS Certification.
- We at Ascent guide on the road map to ROHS Certification by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses throughout the ROHS Certificate supply chain.
- We at Ascent are providing ISO certificates for the past 10+years to achieve the highest level of security and satisfaction.
- Ascent experts are on 24X7 to serve you at any time, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of your business.
- With Ascent achieving ROHS Certifications is just a cup of tea.
Get a quote today to achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
Frequently asked questions
What is RoHS Compliant?
RoHS is a product level compliance based on the European Union’s Directive 2002/95/EC, the Restriction of the Use of certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
How long does the RoHS Certificate valid for?
RoHS Certificate is valid for 5 years to record product safety and verify RoHS Compliance.
Which is the RoHS current Directive?
The RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU after amendment on 15 November 2017, RoHS Directive [(EU) 2015/863] the European Parliament and of the Council currently restricts the use of ten hazardous substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
What is the cost of RoHS Certification in the Sri Lanka?
The cost of RoHS depends on the approach you are taking and the factors including internal resourcing capabilities, and as well as the scope of products/services you offer.
Is RoHS Certified products lead-free?
RoHS has restricted the use of Hazardous substances in their EEE. Lead is one of the Hazardous substances. In the RoHS directive, they have mentioned the user must not exceed the exact limit. For lead, it is 0.004%.
For other substances, the Directive has given the maximum limits.
GET FREE QUOTE!
ISO Certification in Sri Lanka
ISO Certification in Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
ISO Consultants in Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte