Conduct worldwide recognized SEDEX SMETA Audit in Sri Lanka and provide transparency and accuracy in your organization
What is SEDEX SMETA?
The Supplier Ethical Data Exchange Database is a worldwide platform for the exchange of information on ethically sustainable production. The SEDEX enables its members to manage their suppliers and reduce their risks throughout the production chain.
Companies that undergo a SEDEX-Audit according to the SMETA-Guidelines respect the principles of sustainable production in the supply chain and can prove to their customers that they effectively manage their suppliers according to the principles of ethically and socially sustainable production.
SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) is the audit procedure created by the Sedex membership. Using SMETA, a supplier can have an ethical audit technique, rather than having a different audit conducted for each customer. The SMETA documents are designed to be used by the Auditors to conduct underlined framed Audit Procedures. SMETA has been developed for both 2-Pillar and 4-Pillar audits, the guidance can be adopted and tailored to carry out audits against a range of codes based on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Benefits of SEDEX SMETA
Sedex’s social auditing methodology is the best practice direction on leading moral exchange audits to assess their sites and suppliers to understand real business benefits for your organization.
- Recognition of Socially Compliant Organization with Legal, Contractual, & Regulatory requirements
- Improved structure within the organization
- Focus concerning business ethics
- Drive improvements in your supply chain of the goods and products
- Gain a competitive advantage over competitors
- Reduces risks and threats by the Sedex Risk Assessment tool
- Availing the status as an approved supplier in the market
- Boosts productivity and achieve objectives
- Time and resource management
- Improves supplier engagement and trust
- Opportunity for exports and hence take the business to newer heights
Requirements of SEDEX SMETA
For conducting Supplier Ethical Data Exchange SMETA Audit in the organization by the Certifying Body (CB) the organization needs to follow requirements that are:
- Follow and apply Labour standards in the organization
- Follow Health and safety standards to maintain safety protocols
- Protect and improve Environment Conditions in the Working Environment
- Follow Business Integrity practices for smooth conduct of business
- Follow protocols laid down to develop an acceptable Audit Report
- Establish a remedial activity plan if the case arises
Why conduct a SEDEX SMETA Audit?
Being a member of the Sedex Associate Auditor Group, SMETA audits helps to achieve greater visibility into your supply chain by improving supplier relations. It also helps to eliminate the need to have multiple Certifications for compliance with requirements and strengthen your brand’s standing in ethical compliance.
Strength of Ascent Associates
- Ascent ASSOCIATES provide relevant training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of SEDEX SMETA Audit.
- We at Ascent guide on the road map to SEDEX Audi by our experienced and qualified team for all businesses throughout the SEDEX SMETA process.
- We at Ascent are providing Certificates and consultancy for the past 10+years to achieve the highest level of security and satisfaction.
- Ascent experts are on 24X7 to serve you at any time, anywhere in the world.
- Our services can be provided as evidence and help you with the closure of non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of your business.
- With Ascent achieving SEDEX Audit is just a cup of tea.
Get a quote today to achieve a non-binding offer with no extra charges further.
Frequently Asked Question
What are SMETA 2 pillars and 4 pillars?
SMETA (Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit) is the audit methodology. SEDEX SMETA 2-pillar consists of only labor standards and health and safety standards, whereas SEDEX SMETA 4- pillar consists of Sedex Smeta 2 pillar and in addition environment standards and business ethics.
What does SEDEX SMETA Audit cover?
Sedex Smeta covers Best Practice Guidance, Measurement Criteria, Audit Report, and Corrective Action Plan Report (CAPR).
What is the lifespan of SEDEX membership?
Sedex membership lasts for 12 months, though you can choose to be a member for a longer period by entering the number of years on the ‘Extend subscription by’ you want for your organization.
How do I check the SEDEX SMETA Audit report?
You can check your VAT invoice on your Sedex account Log in to Sedex.com to SEDEX Advance and navigate to your Company details.
What is the cost to be a part of Sedex membership?
The cost to join as a member of SEDEX depends on the type of member you want to be as a buyer or a supplier. It depends on the annual sales turnover of the organization and the setup cost to include training and account management support to help you get the most from your Sedex membership.